Friday, December 22, 2006

"Souls Purpose Is To Move You"


Let's start the holiday's the good way.. with some soul!
The best way to do that is with a great song by the
Ohio Players
sampled for tracks like "Brooklyn's Finest" by Jay-Z and
Biggie
but also "Scenario" by A Tribe Called Quest so. Listen!
Ohio Players - Ecstasy

Then we move on to another favorite of mine..
Enjoy the sounds of William Bell with"I Forgot To Be Your Lover"
William Bell - I Forgot To Be Your Lover

After that listen to a clear sample by the great Camp Lo group!
In holland we heared that same sample this year used
by our own idol winner called Boris
He ones again remind me how good Camp Lo's version is!
but also how much I hating him using it to!.. to bad
Anyway check out the original by Dynasty!
Dynasty - Adventures In The Land Of Music

Next is a loved track by my man Al Green!
Last year he was here in the North Sea Jazz Festival..
Only respect for the man.. And damn what can he sweat hah!
Check out "Love & Happiness".
Al Green - Love & Happiness

Curtis M. the man of so much good things will be next
Here are some of my fav. "Give me your love" first,
then the badd ass "Pusherman"! And to close
the beautifull "Give it up" & "Suffer(demo)"

Curtis Mayfield - Give me your love
Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman
Curtis Mayfield - Give it up
Curtis Mayfield - Suffer (demo)

Here on we move to some Donny H. stuf!
Maby one of his best work.. check it out for yourself!

Donny Hathaway- The Ghetto

Lenny will be next with his crazy beautifull track
called "Cause I Love You" which is used by ones like
Mobb Deep but also Kanye W. for his Jamie Fox cabo I think..
Well anyway gotta hear it.,
Lenny Williams - Cause I Love You

After this I got to put some James Brown on!
It's always hard to pick the best from his work.
but here some of my fav. !
"The Boss" whitch is sampled so good for that Nas song!
I was gonna put "The Big Payback" on but I think/hope
you all know that for years!.. so "There Was a Time" is next

James Brown - The Boss
James Brown - There Was a Time

We go on with an all time fav. Eddie Kendricks with his super track
"Intimate Friends" sampled by Common for his "Penny"
And lately by that 213 group for the nice "Another Summer"

Eddie Kendricks - Intimate Friends

To Close it all up for the night some crazy good songs
by the masters Marvin, Vandross, Michels Affair and Billy Paul!.
enjoy . till nextt! Jzzy
Marvin Gaye - After the Dance
Luther Vandross - A House Is Not A Home
Billy Paul - This Is Your Life
El Michels Affair - Glaciers of Ice


Soul.
Funk.
&.
HHSamples.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loveee it!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Jassy said...

Jassy zei...

eey man , some time ago you posted some d'angelo demo's
fair but so uncool
superman lover
everybody loves the sunshine
back to the thing

do u still have those and do u have any more of the voodoo outtakes,
and is there a way you can post them again because i cant download them anymore, I hope u can help me out man
thanx
Schepens440@hotmail.com

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter