Saturday, November 11, 2006

Nostalgia for the Future
PT, 1




A combination of braggadocio and introspection, realism and imagination, wordplay and lyricism, all balanced out with a dash of humor. This is what best describes Kenn Starr. The "Star Status" album will be in rotation for a long time on my system and it should be in yours! My fav producer of the moment Kev Brown! is working on the album but also illmind, oddise and m-phazes take this to another level... Cop' this!

Kenn starr - Against The Grain
Kenn Starr - Relentless
Kenn Starr - Middle Fingaz
Kenn Starr - Carry On
Kenn Starr - Another Day
Kenn Starr - If ft. Asheru and Talib Kweli


Cuz' I'am talking bout' this K. Brown dude above... I'll let you hear where i'm talking bout'.The album called "I DO WHAT I DO" release last year.. didn't got that much attention so. Enjoy

Kev Brown - Albany
Kev Brown - Say Sumthin
Kev Brown - Hennessey, Pt. 2
Kev Brown - Beats N' Rhymes
Kev Brown - Work in Progress
Kev Brown - Hennessey, Pt. 1

Here is another Underground group called The Strange Fruit Project! These cat's made my fav album of the year! "Breezy, cozy grooves with rich bass lines and jazzy samples." Anyway the thing is with T.S.F.P is that the music is soulful music you know the type that has so much soul as there lyrics are positive so when you combine the mellow beats from S1 it blends perfectly.. Get this peepz'

Strange Fruit Project - Ready Forum
Strange Fruit Project - You(the only ones)
Strange Fruit Project - Under Pressure
Strange Fruit Project - Get Live ft. Erykah Badu
Strange Fruit Project - Soul Clap
Strange Fruit Project - Special ft. Thesis
Strange Fruit Project - Rise ft. Little Brother
Strange Fruit Project - Makin My Way

But before your askin yourself why I had to put that fiddler pic up.. Amp is back with sum' good stuff.. The second album is actually stronger than his debut (great as it is) the tracks laid here are for the serious organic soul fan "Faith" is a great funky foot stomper with a dirty low B-line. The awesome track titled "hustle" has a very Curtis sounding string ladened back drop.

Amp Fiddler - Faith
Amp Fiddler - Hustle
Amp Fiddler - Right Where You Are
Amp Fiddler - Find My Way
Amp Fiddler - Seven Mile

To close this post up. Sum' lost or new classic underground sounds from my mp3Player.

Binary Star - Reality Check
Nicolay - What It Used to Be
One Be Lo - Can't Get Enough
Oddisee - Not Me
One Be Lo - E.T
Oddisee - I Am Not Him
Harmonic 33 - Woodblock
Braille - Soul Rock

4 Comments:

Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good picture

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev Brown sounds really like Pete Rock.I love it!!

one..

Kevin

7:34 AM  
Blogger Scholar said...

Jzzy---Props, respect, and everything nice.

I just saw your comment about the Soul Clan track. I'm planning to up the A side pretty soon, but if move too slow, just drop me an e-mail via Souled On and I'll send it your way.

Keep it dope around here. I'm impressed.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev Brown, Kenn Starr, Oddisee, and most definatly Nicolay, nice slection on the artists, topped with J dilla at the top, im gonna have to keep an eye on this site.

NIce Working...

Ape

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter